Musings about politics, movies, music, art and all the other important things in life.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun with Pottery

Like most people with an artist's soul, I dream of one day owning a little shop somewhere - occasionally selling some of my work. But the practical side of me - the side that likes paying the bills and eating three times a day - has a bigger voice. If I ever become independently wealthy, I'll spend my days painting and making pottery. Until that happens, pottery is just a passion.

I have managed to sell quite a bit along the way. I also give away a ton of it to friends and family for Christmas and birthdays. It's to the point now that they really look forward to getting the pottery as gifts. I don't have to force it on them like a five-year-old proud of the mishapen lump the looks something like an ashtray. Nowadays, my bowls are round, the glaze is gorgeous and while pottery is never perfect, some of my stuff is truly art.

Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think - especially if you have some
suggestions.













No comments: