Musings about politics, movies, music, art and all the other important things in life.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I Love Technology

I've been working in the information technology industry for nearly a dozen years and I love almost every aspect of it, especially the toys. I'm not one of those people who can't live without technology, in fact, I relish the feeling of unwinding and unplugging on the weekends or on vacation. But when it comes to getting my job done, or even staying connected with friends and family, I just adore the tech toys.

So today, my bosses gave everyone at work the latest (and for many, the greatest) tech toy: a 62GB iPad. I've only had a chance to play with it for a few hours and I already love it. Not only can I read and write e-mail, browse the Internet and play games, I can watch movies from my Netflix account, read e-books (not that I will EVER give up my "real" books) and even write blog entries. Yup, I'm writing this on my new toy.

The on-screen type pad is a bit frustrating -- just like the one on the iPhone, so I've ordered a bluetooth keypad to go along with it. I am sure I'll find other issues with it. But right now, I like it so much, I think I may leave my laptop at home when I travel from now on, unless it's absolutely necessary. Have I mentioned how I love this new toy?

If you have one and would like to share tips and tricks, I'd love to hear them. I'll keep you posted on whether I still love my new toy in a few weeks or months. Right now, it's like Christmas morning -- for the big kids.

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

What fun!
The iPad, however, would drive me nuts with that weird little non-keyboard, so I'll have to stick with my laptop because I type so much.
However, it looks like just about everything else would be more fun on an iPad.

Lolly Christine said...

I know some people love the on-screen keyboard, but I'm with you. I don't like it. So I bought a bluetooth, folding keyboard that I can pack along with my iPad for trips. It's much smaller and lighter than my laptop.

A Paperback Writer said...

Wow. I've got to see this new toy of yours sometime.
And by the way, aren't we getting close to the kirkin' of the tartan again? I'd hate to miss the ceilidh again this year by not knowing when it is. Would you e-mail me when you know?

Oh, and I have a pic of one of your Romeo and Juliet bowls on my blog today.